WWFP Logo.50.trans.GIF

LEFT.GIF

UP.GIF

RIGHT.GIF

Prev

Up

Next

Ashkenaz Music and Dance Community Center

Ashkenaz Music and Dance Community Center was founded in 1973 by David Nadel, a social activist and folk dancer.

The wall tiles were painted at the First Dance-A-Thon January 17, 1998, and at Peoples Park Fair, Mother's Day, May 10, 1998. The Ashkenaz segment of the World Wall for Peace was dedicated to Ashkenaz founder David Nadel on, Dec 20, 1998, by Berkeley City Council Member Linda Maio and WWFP founder Carolyna Marks.  The Ashkenaz WWFP contains 108 individual tiles.

From the “Thank You” tiles on the Ashkenaz Wall: Thanks to: Betsy Morris, Carolyna Marks, Stacy deCarion, Board of Directors of Ashkenaz, Berkeley Arts Commission, Lisa J. Sherman, Alan Leon, Wes Nickelson, West Berkeley Neighborhood Development Corporation, Eddie Monroe, the Harris Family and Friends, the Nadel Family, Lisa...

Visit Ashkenaz and the World Wall for Peace at 1317 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley, CA.

AshkenazOverviewSmall.jpg

The Ashkenaz World Wall for Peace

“In Loving Memory of David Nadel” soloist group by Lisa J. Sherman

InLovingMemorySmall.jpg
HeleneStageDancersSmall.jpg

Ashkenaz dance scene by Alan Leon

“Stand up for Justice” soloist group by Lynda Winslow

StandUp.jpg

WWFP Home

History

People

Gallery

Individually Painted Tiles

Building a Wall

Peace Empowerment Process

Creativity in the Lions’ Den

Contacting WWFP